Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A week with Nana

This summer daycare closed twice for a week each time. The first time Jared's mom came to watch the kids back in the beginning of July. It was such a crazy week since Jared worked 70+ hours and I was just grateful to have some extra help. We didn't get to do much together, but Ellie had a blast.

Then again just a week ago, daycare closed for the second time and my mom came to watch the kids. Life was a little more calm this week so we got out a bit more. Sunday mom came grocery shopping with us. Ellie was perusing the candy and to distract her I sent her to the Dr. Seuss display where she posed for a picture. Monday Nana planned some activities for her and Ellie, but not 5 min after Jared and I left for work did Ellie give Ryan his first black eye. They were all sitting together playing on the floor and Ellie dropped her sippy cup on his face. He let Nana know he was not happy about it and after a few min, it was apparent exactly where it hit him. Ellie was super sad about it with a quivering lip and blood shot eyes welled up with tears. Once Ry was calmed down, Nana and Ellie created some bird feeders. Ellie was very proud. And before we sent Nana home, Jared and I got a date night! Dinner for two at Downriver Grill. Such a nice evening to spend just the two of us, a first in quite some time.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Ryan!
    I didn't get my first -- and only (so far) -- black eye until this year. It only took seventy-one years!

    ReplyDelete