Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Visit to the Farm

Yesterday we made the trek to Touchet (Walla Walla) to visit Jared's Aunt Sherry! We haven't gotten down to visit her as much as I would like over the last couple years after moving from Seattle to Spokane, so I was pretty excited to go and so was Ellie. Friday night she talked about how she was going to ride the ponies. :) Saturday morning we were up early and on the road. When we arrived, we immediately saw the peacock which Ellie was intrigued by. She got to make the trip out to the chicken coup, which she LOVED. She said cock-a-doodle-doo a hundred times that day. She was a little overwhelmed by the puppies though - Sherry has several mastiffs that are much bigger than Ellie. Jared took Ellie down to the river and he caught her a little fish with his hands, which she loved. They also took a drive around the farm and saw the horses and the llamas. She loved the horses, especially the 'little one' which was actually a mini pony. She begged to go back before we left to see them. Sherry, Ryan and I had a nice morning chatting in the kitchen. Sherry made us a yummy quiche with super sweet Walla Walla onions and guyere cheese and a cheesecake with fresh fruit on the top for lunch. Sherry always makes the best food! We are so spoiled. We snapped a cute pic with Sherry, Jared and the kids.
Finally we headed home around 1 pm (early enough to beat the 110 degree forcast). On the way out to the main road, we saw a deer. Ellie shouted "A deer?!?! Shoot it with Daddy's gun". So funny - wonder where that came from.

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous!
    Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. I know Sis was really looking forward to you coming.

    ReplyDelete