Sunday, October 5, 2014

Kindergarten Registration


Some of you may know how stressed I have been about registering Ellie for kindergarten - not because of the idea that my baby is not a baby, but because its not a simple process. Our nearest public school - just blocks down the road - is over capacity due to our continually developing neighborhood. As such, kindergarten registration happens the first Wednesday of October and you have to camp out - that's right - camp out. I parked my seat at the school at 11 am and marked my spot as #15. Which is pretty good - all the other kids who have siblings at the school presently are grandfathered in and then they take kids in order from registration, typically about 30 extra kids. Remember how I said in my last post that it was warm picking pumpkins that prior weekend, well it wasn't by the time this day came around. It was cold, rainy and sleeping outside was not comfortable by any means. Fortunately, my mom kept me company along with the other parents (mostly dads) and some special visitors. I was sure happy when 8 am the next day rolled around and I got to take a hot shower to warm up and crawl into bed. Jury is still out on whether or not she got in, should be about May when we get that news. If she doesn't they will bus her to another school in the district, but its pretty far away from the house and we'd have to figure out before and after care since our daycare won't trek the kids out that far.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment