Ryan is already 15 months and had a check up at the end of May! Here's some highlights...
Weight: 24.4 lbs
Height: 33 inches
Head Circumference: 18.75 inces
Ryan is pretty much a proficient runner these days. Much unlike his sister was at this age, he successfully walks and runs around without tripping over nothing. Unfortunately for him, he really runs haphazardly or looking down which causes some bumps and bruises. Tonight he ran directly into a door jam. Big ol' blue bump on the top of his forehead - further indicating he's looking down while running.
He's talking!! It feels like he started doing this overnight! Mama and Dada were first and then all of a sudden came...Maggie (our new puppy), Cat, Bird, Truck (one of his favorites), Eat, Poop, Milk, and I am sure a few more that we don't hear frequently enough that I am remembering them now.
He got his first hair cut (and a half)! Just prior to family pictures with the Haight crew, I gave Ry his first 1/2 hair cut. I did it myself and was afraid to cut too much before pictures. He did pretty good, only because I bribed him with a steady flow of marshmallows. :) Nana's barber shop was open this weekend, so Ryan got a better, more complete cut. He looks so handsome.
He's got lots of teeth...we've had the front 8 for awhile now, but just the other day I noticed his two top molars are poking through. Looking forward for him to having a complete set. He chews on everything these days. He actually ruined two training sippy cups by chewing on the nipple/spout and ripping it apart!
After I posted this, I realized one other thing I just have to document. This kid is a professional at throwing temper tantrums. No joke! Ellie was so laid back and if she got hurt (which was frequently) or you angered her, she let it roll off her back or barely cried. Ryan is the 180 of that. You take something from him - be prepared...he will completely let go of his body and throw himself to the ground backwards, screaming, red faced. If he hurts himself he will cry intensely. He hits, he bites, and lets out an un-godly shriek if you piss him off. True story.
Here's some of my favorite pictures of Ryan as of recent. You'll notice a theme here - he likes dirt, running and climbing - in general getting in trouble.
He is such a cutie -- sounds like he is all boy too!
ReplyDelete