Sunday, June 3, 2012
Back to Work
Wednesday the 23rd of May was my first day back at work after 12 wonderful weeks of being at home with Ryan. I felt less emotional about leaving him than I was with Ellie. I am sure part of it was that I was home a whole month longer wiht him than I was with Ellie and that he was going to the same daycare that Ellie's at - knowing who he's going to be with made it a lot easier. He's made the transition pretty well too! He takes his bottles really well, unlike Ellie did.
Its only been 7 days back at work, but already I am feeling the difference in having two kids and being a working mom. Evenings are just as busy at home as they are at work. Clean bottles and breast pump, make dinner, feed Ryan, bathe both kids, and about the time Ellie goes to bed I have 20 min to relax if I'm not still cleaning and then its time to feed Ryan again. The great news is that Ryan (and Ellie) are such great kids and they do make it easy on us. They are playful and fun rather than whiny and crying making our time together in the evenings fun and not stressful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, those busy, busy days AND nights! This too will pass way too quickly! Sounds like you are all doing quite well. We miss you and hopefully will get to see you later this summer...
ReplyDeleteAuntie Happy