Monday, January 30, 2012

A Surprise Baby Shower

So surprised and honored that my friends threw me/us a shower in anticipation of our newest family member's expected arrival. I was literally a mess of tears when I realized what was going on. I had thought we (Jared, Mom, Dad, Ellie, John and I) were going to lunch to celebrate Dad's birthday (the previous Wednesday). When we arrived the host/waitress asked if we were there for the baby shower, I automatically without hesitation answered 'NO' and didn't even think it was odd that my mom didn't mention her 'reservation'. When the second waitress asked us if we were there for the baby shower, I still answered without hesitation 'NO'. Jared said the waitress told him later, it was clearly her blonde moment...when Jennifer jumped out and told me the real story that's when the tears came. I was so excited to see so many of my friends and Jared's family members there! So many cute and lovely homemade blankets, hats, etc! Not to mention all the Coug apparel this little guy now has. How cute is this little setup?



Remember this picture from Ellie's baby shower?



Well the exciting news is that two of these girls are expecting babies of their own. Kristin is expecting a little girl in May and Jessica is expecting a little boy in June. So excited for both of them. Of course though it wouldn't quite be the same unless someone didn't shove a balloon up their shirt for their fake belly - Thanks Jenn!



No comments:

Post a Comment