Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oops - our bad....

So Tuesday had an interesting and scary start for us! As we were getting ready, I headed out to the car to grab something and realized we left the garage door open over night. Of course the car was unlocked since the door is usually closed. As I opened the car, I noticed the glove box was opened and the contents of the jockey box were on the passenger seat. At first I thought, did Jared dig for something last night and then realized what happened. After going through the contents of the car we thought only the change container was missing (about 10 bucks). Jared started to pull out of the driveway and then it clicked.....my work computer and my wallet were in the car and now missing!! Let's start with how this all came to happen.....

Yesterday I got home with Ellie and realized that the garage door wouldn't open. We went in through the front door and then left later to go to the grocery store. Jared got home (both cars parked in driveway) and we troubleshooted the issue (ended up being a tripped outlet). I unloaded the groceries into the house through the front door and subsequently forgot about my wallet and computer in trying to fix the garage. Jared pulled the car in, leaving the jeep outside. Then that evening I thought Jared asked me to get the keys so he could pull it in and he infact asked me to do it - a pretty bizarre set of occurences to end up with the cars outside in the first place.

Now to the contents of my wallet....no cash, debit card, credit cards, gift card for babies r us, starbucks gift card, rewards cards, drivers license, and to top it off, something that I NEVER, EVER carry with me....my social security card! Yup, I had just taken it to work that day to fill out my I-9. Great!

Fortunately there was nothing else from the garage taken and even more thankful that we were not hurt as the door into the house was unlocked. Needless to say we will certainly be changing the way we head to bed at night. After 2 hours on the phone cancelling credit cards, calling the credit bureau and dealing with work about my computer and then a 1 hour and 45 min wait at the DOL, I do not want to have to do this ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment