Wednesday, May 19, 2010

1/2 A Year Old

Happy 6 months Ellie Jane! You are growing to be such a big girl. Continuing to develop your cute little personality every day. At 6 months you:
  • LOVE your blankie and don't like sleep without it

  • Started eating rice cereal and sweet potatoes and generally like them - but more that you want to put stuff in your mouth

  • Have developed the "want" for items you can't have (like cousin Whit's necklace)

  • Sleep most nights all the way through the night

  • Are soooo happy all the time!


We went to the doctor today for her 6 month checkup (on a side note - I am really going to miss him when we move to Spokane). She is just as tiny as ever! Her stats are:
  • Weight: 12 lbs. 3 oz (2%)

  • Height: 25.25" (33%)

  • Head Circumfrence: 40.5 cm (6%)

This means that Ellie's weight is still trending down for her age. She started off in the 5% at birth and 1st month, but by her 4th month she was in the 3% and now just the 2%. Her height is back up... at birth this was in the 57% and went down in the 4th month, but can't remember where to. And her HC was measuring right at 17% this whole time, but I guess she is leveling out a bit and is more proportionate. The doctor also confirmed that Ellie is teething. Her lower two incisors are inflamed, but haven't broken through yet.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about pediatricians. I may keep mine in Spokane even though we're in Moses Lake now. I go the the office connected to Holy Family. I don't remember the name of the girl I like, but she's a PA. She's very positive and is extremely engaging with Christian. You can tell she truly loves what she does. I completely recommend her and the office. All of the pediatricians there are pretty awesome. I also recommend Dr. Hardy at North Spokane woman's health for you. Seriously, he is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa that is a huge help! I am looking for referrals just about anything I can get. Particularly Ellie!

    ReplyDelete